To ensure the compatibility of separately developed systems for working with DELPH-IN-produced resources, we should formalize the formats of files and structures used by multiple systems.
- Provide a BNF representation of the syntax for each structure
- Provide an interpretation of fields, values, etc.
- Small Test set for implementers to test against
- "Official" implementations follow the specifications rather than the other way around
- Documentation for future delphinistas
Structures and Representations
- Simple MRS
- Indexed MRS
- XML Later...
- A wellformed mrs normally has information about types, information from the grammar
- It is desirable that the hierarchy among mrsitems and predicates get to stand in hierarchical relation - different from in the grammar
- Semantic hierarchy and grammar hierarchy are separate. For example: person-number is conflated as single property in the grammar, MRSs dont
How many grammars have a semi? ERG and NorSource. Jacy has an input to the transfer machinery.
- Can a type hierarchy be shared between the grammar and the SEM-I? May be incompatible in principle.
- One shouldn't need a grammar loaded to do MRS manipulation.
- Building two hierarchies in parallel is a little duplication of effort
The best action is to set up a page let people add info, mark it as proposal/draft, and request for comments