From http://courses.washington.edu/ling567/2016/0308.pdf (slide 11).
- Delineate a phenomenon
- Survey the typological literature: How is this phenomenon expressed across the world’s languages?
- Review the syntactic literature for analyses of the phenomenon in its various guises
- Design target semantic representations
- Develop HPSG analyses for each variant and implement in tdl
- Decide what information is required from the user to select the right analysis, and extend questionnaire accordingly
- Extend customization script to add tdl based on questionnaire answers
- Add regression tests documenting functionality
- Add prose documenting how to use