The meeting will take place at the Angel's Hotel (am Fruchtmarkt) located in the heart of the town. We have blocked 30 standard-double rooms (for single guest use) for 74 EUR (tax included) per room per night, including free wifi and buffet breakfast. Please make your booking with the hotel (email to firstname.lastname@example.org mentioning "DELPH-IN/DFKI") before 5th July.
Please register for the 2013 DELPH-IN Summit on the SaarlandParticipants page.
The registration fee will be 150 EUR per person. (Costs are partially offset by contribution from DFKI.) The registration fee covers meeting room rental, coffee breaks and lunch for all five days.
- To St. Wendel
From Frankfurt International Airport (FRA), the regional express (RE) direct connection to St. Wendel runs every two hours (options of indirect connections more frequent). The journey takes exactly 2 hours. You can find the connection timetable online.
- From Saarbruecken, the train connections to St. Wendel run multiple times per hour. The journey takes 30~45 minutes.
- Driving from FRA to St. Wendel takes about 1h40m (~160KM).
To the Angel's Hotel am Fruchtmarkt: the hotel is only 500m away from the St. Wendel train station, ~7 minutes by walking (map).
Aims of the Meeting
The purposes of this meeting are to:
- update each other on recent developments and current activities;
- discuss more what we actually expect from DELPH-IN (and each other);
- create the opportunity for contentful exchange on computational grammar research in the DELPH-IN spirit.
Following the Summit tradition, we plan on Wednesday afternoon a trip to Bostalsee, the largest lake in Saarland and now a locally popular recreation center, some 20km to the northwest of Sankt Wendel. (The Google map satellite image shows an outdated picture taken a few years ago when the lake was almost dried up. The location has since been significantly reshaped. The Bing map's satellite image is more up-to-date and appealing.) Recreation Center Bostalsee offers various activity options, including rental motor/peddle boats, windsurfing, fishing (license required), cycling, access to lake beach & swimming, or simply a relaxing 6.8km walk around the lake (mostly paved roads). Please pack your equipments accordingly (walking shoes, swimsuits, sunscreen, mosquito repellent, etc.). Public transportation from the hotel to Bostalsee takes about 35 minutes, transferring just once at the nearby town Türkismühle, where our banquet will start from 19:00 at Schreiner's Restaurant (Saarbrückerstr.34, 66625 Nohfelden, 200m from the Türkismühle train station).
- From Sankt Wendel train station, take a regional train to Türkismühle (10 min)
- From Türkismühle train station, take bus line R11 or 630 to station Campingplatz, Bosen Nohfelden (15-20 min)
- From the lake to Türkismühle, the bus is NOT so frequent. The good options is 18:03 - 18:22 (other options are 16:03 - 16:22, 20:03 - 20:22, and 21:03 - 21:22)
- From Türkismühle back to Sankt Wendel, the trains are fairly frequent (twice each hour) and the last one is 00:26 - 00:37 (or 04:09 which is not recommended)
Please use http://www.saarfahrplan.de/ to find the timetable of all the connections
The schedule is available on SaarlandSchedule.